t
Monday, November 27, 2006
Christmas Decorations ~~ by Angel of Design
I love to look at other peoples Christmas decorations. I tend to think it reflects their likes and personalities. I know many people in my community are 'white light' people while I am the 'multi-colored' light person. I tend to think that Christmas is a celebration and I celebrate it with colorful things. Some people have those huge blow up snowmen or snow globes which I have to admit are better than those plastic lawn ornaments and I can enjoy looking at them while they are not my style.

I am also amazed at how many people put up blue lights. Again, nice to look at but not my style. But the house across the street has something that blew my mind away. That house is a large one and the people who lived there had to move for a better education for their son but they couldn't sell it so they now rent it out. I can't believe anyone springs that much money for a large house to simply Rent but who am I to say. Anyway, the previous occupants did nothing at Christmas (they are the people who own it) but the new occupants (the renters) went wild with decorations. All three garages have mulit-colored lights around it, white icicle lights are dangling from the gutter, there are multi colored lights around the front door, sidelights and lamppost and there are blue lights on some of the shrubs. On top of that they have two of those white light deer that move and the item that blows my mind away.

This item is one of those large blow up items, it's a chimney with a reindeer outside of it and Santa pops up and goes back in. The problem I have is that the way it's situated, facing my house, Santa is going up and down and it looks like he's 'blowing' the reindeer. I shit you not! I had to ask hubby what he thought of the item in question and within seconds he said it looked like Santa was blowing the reindeer so it wasn't just my sick mind that saw it. (It was both of our sick minds. LOL)

Regardless, I love Christmas decorations and anyone who takes the time to decorate their homes plans to celebrate the season and I'm all for that. We do have a few 'Griswald' houses in the community. Maybe I'll take a camera along some night and get a photo of them, you won't believe your eyes.

Anyway.....happy decorating!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

We like the inflatables... but not in an overdone way. some are just hideaous and way overdone. we just have one frosty. that's it. the rest are light dear and spiral trees... all white lights. but i have a colored thingy under my window and oversize color lights that stick in the ground.

Blogger Angel said...

Everyone has their own style. I like the inflatable things, their cute. I haven't gotten one because I figure I wouldn't secure it right and a wind would pick it up, I'd run out to try to save it and be blown away like Mary Poppin's. LOL

White lights are beautiful. I love them. But hubby and I are multicolored crazy people. LOL.

Post a Comment

<< Home