t
Friday, November 17, 2006
Angel of Design: Filling in the Drama
The Angel of Drama is having a very busy and hectic day. I'm missing my more humorous and insightful half here. *sniffle*

But I shall carry on. I can perservere. In light of missing the Drama half of the Angel duo I shall share with you the Angel of Design: Day of Drama.

Okay, now my kids are healthy so this drama is truly self fabricated and not so harrowing as the other Angel's day so bear with me.

I felt like a Drama Queen today. It's Friday and it has been a crazy week. My van was low on gas and the light had been on for like forever saying 'you're empty dumb ass.' But still I thought, I can wait. I drop my daughter off and go home. When it was time to pick her up I take hubby's lawn mower gas can and put some into the tank from there. Yeah. Like that will help.

So I head off. While driving I do the ever so safe and brilliant thing of checking the voicemail on my cellphone. Low and behold a message. Another order. My orders have tripled from last year which had doubled from the year before. I'm thinking..... Hmmmm I need more ovens.

Then I call hubby and I have to go across town to get my daughter with an empty tank of gas. While on the phone I get stopped at the never ending light. I sigh and say, "Oh you have GOT to be kidding me." Finally I get on the last long road to get to the preschool and head down to the underpass and traffic is backed up. WTF? It's never backed up here. Apparently I missed the BRIGHT ORANGE signs telling me they were doing road work. Pot hole filling to be exact. Why would they do this to ME? I'm on the phone with hubby giving him a play by play and doing a bang up job of being dramatic. Emmy please. Once again I utter "Oh you have GOT to be kidding me." Followed by the overly used "For the love of....."

I watch as car after car is let go by my van as I stare terrified at the needle on my tank that seems to be pulsing toward the letter "E". FINALLY they let me go but I still have to pick up my daughter and come BACK the way I came to get to the gas station.

I know I'm passing on the Drama Queen thing to my daughter because from the back seat I hear, "Come on people! WE NEED GAS!" Ahh and at the tender age of 5. What have I done.

There is something wrong when your daughter cheers, "Yeah, we didn't run out of gas!" Why I didn't get it yesterday has escaped me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

Seriously. Get out of my head. Stop it. You have hijacked my entire life and it's not nice.

A. I always go down to E. Hate stopping to fill up... ruins my momentum.

B. You know I always say "you have GOT to be kidding me" umpteen times a day and generally while driving.

C. And this is just scarier than all... I WAY overuse the phrase, "for the love of god" and it DOES go hand in hand with "you have GOT to be kidding me".

D. This entire situation, minus picking up a child from school has happened to me. Everything to the last detail.

Blogger Angel said...

E. Thanks for picking up my slack today... I'll try to get back on the horse soon:)

Blogger Angel said...

Not to worry Angel of Drama. Life has a way of being hectic and next week Mon-Wednesday will be my crazy time. You'll help me out then, I'm sure.

Blogger Angel said...

I got yer back girl.

Post a Comment

<< Home