t
Monday, February 12, 2007
Sick and sicker..
~Angel of Design~

Why is it that when men get sick they are WAayyyyy sicker than women, or seem to be? I had a cold about 9 days ago and still had to do all the things I normally do plus prepare for a birthday party. The kids were home from school due to snow days and I barely got to sit down let alone nap in a chair.

Today hubby was home because he has the same cold and he has relaxed and napped. Damn it I'm jelly belly! I want to do that. So I decided if he is going to relax and sleep today I'm not doing my normal thing. Sure I did a good bit of cleaning but nowhere near what I'd normally do.

And he moaned about his head being stuffy and such. I listened because if I don't and I'm not sympathetic who will listen to me someday if I want to whine about being sick. The funny thing is, when I had this cold he doesn't recall me whining about it and barely remembers what days I was bad.

One radio jockey said a few weeks ago that men act sicker than women because genetically they DO get sicker than women. I wonder how much hate email that man got?

8 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

That does this phrase mean?

"Damn it I'm jelly belly!"

I have seen that phrase twice in the last week.

Signed,
Clueless in Alabama

Blogger lioux said...

Men are big babies when they're sick.

Blogger Angel said...

Rick.... I bet I was the abuser of the line both times. I speak my own language sometimes and expect people to just know what I'm saying. LMAO.

I use it and it means "jealous" It's something I started saying after my kids were born.

Lioux.... that's what I said.

Blogger Angel said...

Not in my house... hubs is the champ and I'm the wimp. He's been sick for the last 3 days and I really had no idea. Other than him feeling tired and being a little quite. When I'm sick I want sleep sleep and more sleep and I whine like crazy.

let's face it... women are tougher than men.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will reiterate Lioux's sage remark: men are babies when they're sick. My whole family got some kind of lower level version of Legionairre's disease last year and everyone was real troopers until I got it. I didn't move from my bed except to hurl and scream down the stairs for more gatorade. I was such a baby, I wouldn't get up to find the remote. I watched The View twice, I was so sick.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will not allow advertising lay for your needs about payday cash loans some finance companies do not possess your greatest desire for brain and may technique you into credit funds, for them to charge, concealed charges and a very high interest rate. Do not permit an advert or perhaps a financing broker encourage you choose by yourself. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Vi7765ity[/url]

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you have ever removed very far when plucking your eye brows to that you can't look at you possessed any, there is a remedy. You can expect to first would like to decide on an eyebrow pencil that mixes together with your brow shade. Make sure to complete the full brow with the pen and not simply the bald locations utilizing the fill up, fix, feather strategy. Obse8ighve

Post a Comment

<< Home