t
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Angel of Design..... "The Year of...." for me
So Dramamama (aka Angel of Drama's) year is the year of free thinking.

My year is a mixture of simplicity and complexity, a 'complicity' or 'simplexity' if you will.

First it's the 'get my ass out of the house without the kids more often' year.

Second it's the 'make lots of mula on my own' year.

One can not happen without the other. Hubby and I can't go out on 'date night' and pay a babysister unless we free up the cash flow that we have had cogged since the day he went to law school. There has never been a time when we have both been working AT THE SAME TIME. I worked while he was in law school, then he couldn't find a law job and I was pregnant with my son. He gets hired after I have my son (while I'm still working) and then I move to part-time because I'm pregnant with my daugther. Then I get let go. Since then I've had part-time jobs but nothing in a design firm/arch. firm which is my preference so I usually walk away from the job so I know I can't except a job unless it's what I seek. I know, I've brough it upon myself in a way.

The second one could happen in one of three ways:

#1 I get a design job (and I have resumes out there so here's to hoping.)

#2. Sell my novel. I have a query letter to a publisher but they've had this query since March of 2006... they say they're backed up but wtf? I plan to revamp the novel and call to find out just HOW backed up they are before finding another publisher to shop the novel to.

and
#3. Get the baking business to a serious level. I can't open a 'bakery' per se until my kids are about 4-5 years older because I am trying to get the business plan, the health departments regulations, insurance information, equipment and vendors and blahbedy blah blah blah.

Oh I have possibilities but they all lead to brick walls thus far. I love all three viable options and can invision myself doing any of them. I've done the design thing in the past so it would be neat to sell my book and go on book tours. And the baking business would be great because perhaps my kids could learn as I learn.

On the 'get my ass out of the house......' plan I just need to have more adult time. It has been 5 years of SAHM-dom. I love it. It's the absolute hardest job that I love to do (as I just recently heard on TV somewhere) but I also am a human adult and need that type of interaction. I'll be a better mom and wife if I do that.

So that is my year. Selfish and self-motivated but there you have it in a nut shell.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

Man, you have a shit load of goals!

Me, I have one... make more money. And the only way to do that is get my home MK business rocking. And I need customers for that... and that is the hard part. GAH!!!

Good luck to you... stick with those goals! You can do it!

Blogger Sally said...

I agree! Stick with your goals!

I, too, want to make more money, and do less, and stay home more...but I can't find a job that does all that...so, I've decided...to...win the lottery! Powerball is up to $131 million right now!!

Yeah, right...better keep getting up for work every morning.

Blogger Angel said...

LOL...I've tried that lottery route to no avail. *sigh*

Anything that makes good money requires as much hard work. I'm not against hard work. It's just that once my kids were born I wanted to be here watching them grow. Now that they are going to school (and once my daugter is in the first grade in a year and a half) I want to find something I can do to make money but also still be here for them.

I'm a dad and i can identify with you wanting more time for you. I used to feel guilty about it but I've learned that without taking time for ME there will be no us.
My kids are teens now and it took me all this time to realize this. So get on out there and give yourself a break on a regular basis.

Post a Comment

<< Home