t
Monday, January 15, 2007
My take on the weather ~ Angel of design
I live in the Northeast, in PA. Why do I live here, I ask myself often.

I don't do well in extreme temperatures. I'd move south but for the humidity and larger bugs....eeek! I have no desire to live in CA due to the cost of living and politics that I don't agree with.

So here I am, in the town I grew up in. Exciting huh? I sometimes wish I had moved but now? We are rooted. We've discussed moving to Charlotte NC and if hubby and I sell our novels we will more than likely move. But with weather, I seem to be okay with where I am. If I could live in perpetual late spring. early summer I would but after awhile I'd miss the changing of the leaves and cold football weather fall. I'd miss the fluffy snow that falls onto your eyelashes or smacks you in the face as you fly down a hill on a tube. I'd miss the crunching of it under my boots (but I wouldn't miss the brown slush.)

We don't get too many ice storms, which I would hate, we don't get earth quakes and other than some heavy rain (and I don't live in a flood plain) we aren't effected by hurricanes. So weather wise, I'm quite content.

The only complaint I have right now is 3 days straight of rain and grey skies. If I'm going to have grey skies in January, give me fluffy white snow. My son is off from school today and it would have been fun to use the snowman kit my parents gave them and sled down the hill followed by hot cocoa. *sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

I could have written this...

It's my thoughts exactly.

Blogger Sally said...

I'm learning that more snow would be better than ice...unfortunately, they say that we get more ice than snow in KS...oh well!

Post a Comment

<< Home